Director of Medical Education
OnlineMedEd’s purpose is to change how education is approached, delivered, and learned. We leverage education, technology, and research together to drive it all forward. Our philosophy is simple: medical knowledge belongs to no one, so medical education should be accessible to everyone. So we made a quality baseline education available to the world, for free. Today, we are one of the most widely used medical education platforms globally, playing a key role in creating the next generation of health care professionals. Equipped with enhanced knowledge, reasoning skills, and empathy, this generation of doctors is improving the lives of millions of patients.
We are looking for a full-time Director of Medical Education to join our team. This role might be for you if you are passionate about the opportunities that best practices in digital pedagogy present for both learners and faculty. You recognize its advantages and want to support peers as they navigate the challenges of adoption. You understand the institutional ecosystem and where buy-in and training must occur to improve the probability of success. You are excited to take advantage directly by overseeing curriculum in your own area of subject matter expertise. You are ready to apply your passion in a growing, purpose-driven organization.
Why You'll Love Working With Us
By joining our team, you'll be helping transform digital health care education, improving mobility and access for 300,000+ monthly active users in 193 countries. Our team of talented employees and contractors is aligned to the same purpose and values, with the opportunity to bring our own unique strengths to our roles. Thanks to our welcoming company culture and comprehensive benefits, OnlineMedEd was ranked #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltInAustin and one of the top Austin-based companies to work for overall.
What You’ll Do as Director of Medical Education
The Director of Medical Education is responsible for institutional relationships and programs while protecting the core values and mission of the company. Success will be defined through five key objectives:
1) Strategize, plan, and execute an institutional success program to reduce or eliminate the friction associated with adopting OME’s curriculum by focusing on faculty onboarding and development, research, and curriculum matching.
2) Work directly with faculty and administrations at institutions to understand and distill their challenges in an effort to obtain a national understanding of highest priority opportunities.
3) Hire and lead new curriculum projects to meet learners’ current and future needs in an area of subject matter expertise, such as: POCUS, telemedicine, physical exam, inter-professional education, GME, etc.
4) Serve as a bridge to international governments and non-government organizations (NGOs) to bolster company ethos, increase curriculum distribution, and quantify efficacy and outcomes with a whole-provider lens.
5) Bring health care expertise to all organizational strategies to ensure the voice and needs of the users are always satisfied and experienced as authentic.
Qualifications You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience in leadership positions within academic medicine
- Strong understanding of the educational ecosystem of institutions
- Proven contributions to the field through research and academic committees
- Expertise and enthusiasm for digital pedagogies and their hybrid application
- A track record of continuous growth and career advancement
- An area of expertise in medical education / curriculum that is a glaring gap that must be addressed
- Appreciation of the scientific method and its application to qualify and inform decisions
- Servant leadership practice
- An analytical eye for performance and motivation
- MD, PhD, and/or EdD
- Merit-based compensation: $175,000-250,000 base salary plus bonus and equity opportunities, depending on experience.
- Genuine flexibility in work:
- Location: Work in the Austin office, work from home, or opt-in to our hybrid model so you can experience the best of both. Roles are open to candidates located anywhere in the U.S.
- Hours: Work a schedule that makes sense for your life.
- Time off: Unlimited time off lets you celebrate, relax, recharge, recover, or travel the way that works best for you.
- Preferences: We provide funding to set up your home office space, plus you’ll pick your own laptop, and own it after a year.
- Enterprise-level health, dental, and vision insurance: OnlineMedEd covers 100% of the premium costs for employees, plus 80% or more of dependent premiums.
- Health and wellness perks include ClassPass credits, gym membership reimbursements, and virtual coaching for mental health.
- Selflessness: The best results happen when we put the users first, the team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your day without being micromanaged. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. Salary ranges are transparent to foster pay equity. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: Focus on being great. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work when and where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.